Saturday, August 2, 2008

Check those receipts!

I always go over my receipts before I leave a store because they seem to *forget* coupons. I kinda have a total in my head when I check out and if it doesn't seem right more times than not they forgot to put a coupon through. I had a new girl tonight at Weis and she didn't put a Free Cascade coupon through and a B1G1 Free cereal through so that was $5.78 that I would have been out of. I just took my receipt to customer service, he went to her drawer pulled her coupons out and gave me my money back.

If you take forgot to use some of your coupons, just take your receipt to customer service and they will give you the coupon amount. I've done this at Giant, Weis and Target.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is definitely a good idea to check the receipts. Some stores have a policy to give you the item for free if they have over charged you. We were at Hy-Vee last night and bought a bottle of margarita mix to use in a marinade. The sign said $7.99, it wouldn't ring up right, I told them $7.99. They called for a price check and were told by the liquor department that it should be $14.97. So Brandon paid that while I wasn't paying attention. I looked at the reciept, showed the manager the sign that said $7.99 and they refunded the full amount. So not only did we not get charged double, but we got it for free!